Health and fitness go hand in hand. One can never put a limit on prevention and safety in today’s world where there is an influx of fast food joints and commercial boosters. As a result, humans have to deal with their health on an everyday basis to prevent any illness. The most common place on the body where fat accumulates is in the belly. However, it is impossible to reduce weight only in the belly area. No exercise of fitness program will help you achieve it. The good news is that most times when you are involved in a highly aerobic activity like belly dancing, you can expect the pounds to fall off. As a matter of fact, in a single hour of belly dancing, you can lose about 300 calories.
Here are ten ways you can belly dance your way to health:
- Join a belly dancing studio to stay motivated.
- Don’t look at belly dancing as a means to lose weight, but as a way, you learn a beautiful folk dance.
- If possible, join a class with a group of friends. Friends who work out together lose weight together.
- Master your techniques even when you are outside your studio by practicing at home with videos and what you learn from your instructor.
- Eat a healthy low-calorie diet as belly dancing alone will not help you lose weight.
- Engage in some form of weight training at a gym or at home to tone and strengthen your muscles to a small extent.
- Weigh yourself every day to keep you motivated. Also, remember muscle weighs more than fat does. So, while you lose inches off your body, your weight might not budge as much.
- Depending on your weight you will expend calories. So, don’t go by the norm of what someone says. Use a good calculator regularly to check how much of activity you are getting. A fitness tracker is perfect.
- Increase your protein intake and cut down your carb to lose weight and to gain muscle.
- Lastly, hydrate yourself regularly. A person should aim at drinking a minimum of 2 liters of water every day. If you are belly dancing, you are going to need to drink a lot more water in between sessions.
Dancing is a beautiful way to engage in extracurricular activities. Belly dancing has many benefits for the body and your flexibility. It helps with your body’s ability to stay agile and increases your endurance to perform any other physical activity. Getting to a size zero with belly dancing is possible, and the best part is, you will be rewarded with an excellent hour gall figure to compliment your size. Muscles and fat are not the only things that get a workout when you belly dance, your emotional and psychological well being gets a great workout too. When it comes to confidence levels, you can expect you to become comfortable with your own body, which is way more important than the size zero that the media propagates.